For the first-ever episode of the boobingit podcast I get to interview my good friend Kerri about her breastfeeding journey.
Lucky for us, back in 2016 we were both pregnant for the first time. We ended up giving birth within a month of each other and then breastfeeding our babies together!
Kerri was a constant source of breastfeeding motivation and inspiration for me as she just seemed to take it all in her stride and do so well at it. Little did I know she came from a formula feeding family and they didn’t really ‘get’ why she wanted to breastfeed. But thanks to her headstrong nature, Kerri kept her resolve and breastfed from the very beginning.
“I was never brought up around breastfeeding and didn’t know much about it…My family just assumed I’d be bottle feeding my son.” ~ Kerri
We also touch upon:
– The importance of skin-to-skin contact after birth
– Kerri’s amazing first feed experience and how newborn Ollie did the ‘breast crawl’
– The bittersweet final feed at 18 months
– A very special breast milk ring that Kerri had specially made for her by Precious by Kerry.
– Tips on how to deal with family members who may not be supportive of breastfeeding
Have a listen and be inspired by Kerri’s story!
For more breastfeeding information and inspiration visit boobingit.com.