This week on the podcast I chat with Instagram Influencer Naomi on what it’s like breastfeeding with implants and the struggles of returning to work as a hairdresser.
Known as @naomibouncyblows on Instagram, Naomi has built a huge following thanks to her amazing hair skills and bubbly personality. Her following has grown bigger in the past year as she started to document her life as a new mama to baby boy Sullivan. Her honesty around new motherhood, breastfeeding with implants, and finding her feet after having a baby is why I wanted to ask her on to the podcast.
Naomi’s pregnancy was hard and she worried a lot about whether breastfeeding with implants would be possible. Then once baby arrived she was consumed with his needs and wondered if she would ever be able to juggle being a mum with working. She enjoys her work as a hairdresser and didn’t want to kiss it goodbye. But due to the complexities of the pandemic and Covid-19 restrictions heavily impacting the hair and beauty industry, Naomi wasn’t sure if she’d ever see herself returning to work.
“I have implants so I remember thinking I won’t be able to feed…I had one client who had implants and they were blocking her ducts and she couldn’t produce milk…it scared me a lot.”Naomi
Listen to Naomi’s story here!
Naomi’s big talking points
- Her experience of giving birth at the start of the pandemic
- How her partner was instrumental in her decision to ‘give breastfeeding a go’
- Her experience of breastfeeding with implants and why she thought she might struggle
- How she felt consumed with motherhood and found it difficult to multitask
- The ups and downs of working in the hair industry during Covid-19 restrictions
- How she motivated herself to complete a hair extension course during lockdown
Source cited in the podcast: ‘Can I breastfeed with breast implants?’